Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Cats ≥ Cardigans


The first month of the new year is drawing to a close and I am both ecstatic and forlorn. I am beyond excited to continue experiencing and enjoying every minute of 2015, but I am also quite sad that one month is already done and gone. January has gone by so quickly!

As January ends the view of examinations and finals becomes a little bit clearer. The home stretch for my sophomore year is beginning, and I'm already registering for junior year. Thus, I have begun hunkering down and studying for my courses a record 4 months ahead of when I began last time.

 The last thing one wants when it comes to studying for hours is to be uncomfortable. Sitting on a hard, wooden desk chair and looking through pages and pages of Biology notes is hard enough, but the added irritation of a belt or form fitting shirt just makes it unbearable. I am, however, strongly opposed to sweat pants unless I am sleeping, so my alternative to sweats is usually a skirt and cotton tights. Tights are like my second skin, and I feel so at home in them. Is that strange? Probably.

Anyhow, back to the title of this post. I get on tangents a lot, don't I?

 Cardigans are second in my mind only to the beloved tights. I love the comfort of an over-sized cardigan when I am cuddling up to read a chapter of my AP US History textbook.  But tights and cardigans are both second to cats. Oh how I love a good ol' cat. I adore their little toes.

So, essentially, a pair of tights, a cardigan and a cat are all I need in life. I'm pretty easy to please. 


What I'm Wearing

Cardigan : Forever 21
Skirt : H&M
Tank Top : My Mom's
Tights : Target 
Necklace : Amazon.com
Cat : Mother Nature/ Mama Cat



Have a great week!

Emily xx

16 comments :

  1. the colour of that cardigan is gorgeous! I love a chunky knit xx
    emilyjanewebb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of your cardigan! xx
    fasionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I agree, I love mustard yellow- it's so homey and cozy. The thick knit makes it so much better! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Elizabeth! I love it too, it's a perfect winter tone xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that cardigan is the perfect yellow color!

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I agree, it's so cozy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that is a lovely cardigan! And your cat is so cuteeeee! Good luck with your AP US History by the way! With Love,
    Vera

    http://theflashwindow.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou! He is definitely a keeper, haha! Thanks, I'm pushing through it xx
    Have a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i have the exact same cardigan!!!!!! love how you styled it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh, isn't it lovely!? It's so cozy; it's like you're just wearing a big hug all day, haha! xx
    Thank you, Julia! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Emily! I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! Find out what to do here:
    http://tori-lee-ballestrin.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/liebster-award.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so, so much for the nomination! I've actually already done a Liebster Award post, and I don't think I will be doing another one, sadly. But I appreciate it so much, and I will check out your post!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there, Lovely blog you have here

    Had a lovely read

    Keep up the good work

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/ New post about skin care if you fancy a read, Would love to see your thoughts

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh whoops, sorry I didn't realise! Thanks for checking out my post though! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I really like your blog, so I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. The details of of what to do etc are on my blog. Look forward to seeing your responses. Alexandra :)

    http://doinglifemyway.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. really cute, love the color of the cardigan!


    xx danielle // shadesofdanielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete